Are poinsettias poisonous?

There is a rumor going around that poinsettias are poisonous, but it is just that, a rumor.  When many household and seasonal plants are very dangerous to us and our pets, poinsettias do not make the list.  I still wouldn’t recommend eating them as there are occasional cases of vomiting in humans from their ingestion, but nothing to worry about.  Poinsettias can cause gastrointestinal irritation, drooling, diarrhea, and vomiting in pets, but again nothing severe or fatal.  Mistletoe, on the other hand, can cause gastrointestinal distress, a slowed heartbeat, and other reactions to its toxins.  Although it can cause severe reactions, mistletoe is not believed to be fatal.  Regardless of what you have heard, always check with a veterinarian or other professional before exposing your pets to potentially toxic plants. 

View full post on MyPetCareTV.com Pet News

Toxic Plants for Pets

ASPCA did an exceptional job putting this video together. I just had to share it with my friends.